Press "Enter" to skip to content

French Grand Prix set to become latest Formula One race to be called off due to coronavirus

The French Grand Prix is about to become the 10th Formula One race, of 22, to be postponed or cancelled owing to the coronavirus outbreak.

This follows president Emmanuel Macron telling the French nation that restrictions on public events will continue until mid-July. 

The F1 race was due to be held at the Paul Ricard Circuit, in the south of France, on June 28.

The French Grand Prix is to become the latest Formula One race to be postponed or cancelled

The French Grand Prix is to become the latest Formula One race to be postponed or cancelled

The French Grand Prix is to become the latest Formula One race to be postponed or cancelled

Formula One bosses are still in discussions with the authorities about hosting the race, which attracted 135,000 spectators last year, but there seems no chance of it going ahead.

F1 has vowed to start the season ‘in the summer’. The first scheduled race after France is at the Red Bull Ring in Austria on July 5. Don’t bet on it.

President Emmanuel Macron said restrictions on public events will remain until mid-July

President Emmanuel Macron said restrictions on public events will remain until mid-July

President Emmanuel Macron said restrictions on public events will remain until mid-July

 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *